“All things being equal, people do business with, and refer business to people they know, like and trust.”
Bob Burg from the book “Endless Referrals”
When the relationship is solid, even the people who aren’t a candidate for your product or service will happily send you customers. To trust someone you first have to get to know them. Since you’re here, in my virtual office, I’ll go first. I’m a wife, mother, grandmother. Outside of my family and off the top of my head, I love people, technology, anything crafty, PhotoShop, butterflies, The Rocky Mountains, genealogy, and dark chocolate M&M’s.
In 2013 I lost my mom suddenly to cancer. She was just past her 85th birthday. When the doctor came in and told her the time was short, tears rolled down her cheek and she said, “But I’m not done. I still have some things to do. There are things on my calendar”. Even when we know where we’re going, we’re never ready to go, and we’re never ready to let go of those we love. This site has been a project in my mind for several years. In a big way it is a tribute to my mom. She was the one that I talked to about it the most. She listened to me chatter about designers, and kits, and marketing ideas, and things I wanted to do. She read every kit description I’ve ever written. She never rolled her eyes at me. She never lead me away from my dreams. She TOLD me to go for it over and over but I was always too busy to make it happen. Sometimes it takes a significant emotional experience to propel us beyond the trivial things we have allowed to hold us back. If you’ve been letting trivial things hold you back, now is the time. You’re not done. You’ve got things to do. Let’s get started.
What You Can Expect
- You can expect me to be honest – even at the risk of offending you. Integrity and character are very important to me.
- You can trust me not to discuss your business with anyone else.
- You can depend on me to meet prearranged deadlines and to show up on time.
- You can trust me to treat your business with the same care and respect as my own business. I hope you will do the same.
- You can expect me to stay at it until you understand it. I use stories and examples often to help get a point across.
What You Can’t Expect
- I don’t break the rules – any rules.
- I am happy to provide any store owner with all the information they need to approve me for loading in their stores. Please don’t ask me to load “under the radar”.
- Emergency Access. I work on an organized timeline. I can often squeeze something in but I don’t operate well in crisis mode. It’s not the most efficient way to run your business or your life.
- Overnight Success. Growing any business is a process, not an event. I am a strategist and a believer in plan your work and work your plan, consistently, day after day.
What I Expect
- Honesty. See (What You Can Expect) above.
- An Open Mind. My idea may not be the best one but you wouldn’t be here if you weren’t looking for something different and unique.
- Commitment. Change takes commitment. I’ll be your mentor. I’ll be your cheerleader. I’ll work as hard as YOU do have the business model of your dreams.
- Confidentiality. Piracy of your products is your greatest enemy. Please don’t share your business plan with others. We’re both trying to build reputable businesses.
- Interaction. Your business plan should represent your personality and creativity. My best proposal can’t match your dedication to make changes.
I work hard so I can play hard. Balancing work and recreation is part of the equation for success. Occasionally, I am not available for short periods of time. If we’re working together, you’ll still have email access but my family time is important. I hope yours is too. My goal is to offer affordable information, tools, and services to my clients. If you became a designer because you love to design but you don’t have a clear picture of what it takes to run a successful business, you ARE the reason Undercover Admin exists. I look forward to helping you define a business plan and achieve your goals.